Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why OH Why won't kid listen????

This blog has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss...but I had to vent somewhere!!!

You try as parents to guide your kids and teach them right from wrong and most of us do a pretty good job!! However, it's not the right from wrong that worries me, it's the influence others have on them!! Why is it you as their parent can tell them something and they don't listen or tell you you don't know what you're talking about, you just don't understand...I'm like are you kidding me? I didn't get to 50 years old and not learn a few things!!

You try to talk to them and get them to understand you're not against them, you're just trying to keep them from living a very hard life. As parents we all want better for our kids then what we had and you want to protect them from unnecessary heart ache and hard times. But, they don't listen and it's so frustrating and it hurts, because you know where they are headed.

However, a very wise friend once told me...some people (kids) have to live it, before they understand it or see it. The old saying "can't see the forest for the trees" is so true.

Lord help me in this journey of motherhood...Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment