Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Trip to Home Depot carpet shoping...OMG!!

Home Depot carpet department...over whelming!!!


Last weekend Bootsie and Husband went to Home Depot in search of carpet for our bedroom. You know, just plain every day, ordinary carpet. Piece of cake, right? Wrong!!

OMG!! There are so many choices...thicknesses, weaves, sculpture, shag, short shag, etc...then there's the color! Hmmm, sand, mocha chocolate, taupe, latte dust...crazy!!! Not much difference in any of these colors!! So we finally agree on a color take the sample home, put in on the floor to see how it looks. Kind of hard to tell, the sample is only a 4"x 4" square!! Imagination, kicks in...yes, I think it will work.

Of course, when I go back to the store I have to wear blinders so I don't start looking agin and get sidetracked!!! Can be overwhelming!!!

With the decision made, measurement in hand I head for Home Depot. Standing in the carpet department for a while, no one around...hmmm, go to service desk request help for setting up carpet. Go back to carpet department, wait for help. Hmmm, no one comes. Go back to service desk, "is everyone busy?" I asked. "No one came to help you?" the clerk asked. "No, ma'am!!" I answered. Finally, a really nice lady comes to help me...she is very professional and seems to know her way around the carpet ordering process!! After, answering at least 25 questions, I leave with three printed packets of carpet information!! My brain is fried at this point...OMG!! I just want new carpet!!!

Some one will call to schedule an appointment to come take measurements and order the carpet. Then when carpet comes in the installation will be scheduled!! UGH!! I have measurements, it's one room 17'x 14'!! Had no idea buying carpet was so involved!!

The good thing...Home Depot's six month interest free purchase plan!! Yippy!!

Life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment