Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Live and Learn lesson...for non believer of WW!!!


Five a day!!!

Bootsie was challenged trying to explain to a new WW person how the points system works...their thought process is:

Diet challenged: if you stay within your points range on WW you should lose weight. Right?

Bootsie: Well, yes normally. What's going on I asked?

Diet challenged: Stayed within my 20 points range, but didn't lose!!!

Bootsie: Sometimes that happens. What did you eat? Did you journal? (I was really beginning to sound a lot like a WW leader)

Diet challenged: I stayed within my points...

Bootsie: What did you eat?

Diet challenged: What does it matter as long as I stayed within my points?

Bootsie: I matters what you spend your points on.

Diet Challenged: Huge break through...Okay, so what you're saying is, if I choose an apple for a snack instead of three cookies I might lose faster?

Bootsie: You got it!! Spend your points wisely!!

If you're allowed 20 points per day and eat 20 points of junk food you're not going to lose as fast or as much as you would if you made better choices. I'm just saying...

The light is dim, but I think it's getting brighter!!!

Bootsie suggested an experiment to Diet Challenged. Try eating 20 points of veggies, fruits and lean meats vs chips, cookies, hamburgers this week. Let's see what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment