Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ride Bootsie ride...

Took the new bike out for a test spin yesterday afternoon!! You know, to get use to the breaks and get a feel for how it rides...I'm happy to report no crashes or causalities! Rode for about 20 minutes, before class...ugh!!! I wanted to keep riding!!! However, it's probably best that I had to stop or else I'd be really sore today.

It was fun. Love feeling the wind blow on my face, makes me feel like a kid again. Being outside getting exercise is awesome!! Beats the heck out of the gym!!

Son-in-law #2, the triathlon participant in the family sent me this link to the Benbrook triathlon happening May 23...don't think I'll be ready for a triathlon this year, but next year might be a different story!! Stayed tuned, Bootsie might surprise you!!

http://www.trifind.com/re_12767/TriCowtownSprintTriathlonformerlyBenbrookTri.html

WW weigh in tonight...we'll see how that goes!! Changed a couple of things up this week, we'll see how it worked...might be too soon to tell...tune in tomorrow for the results!! YIKES!!!

Life is good...

3 comments:

  1. You roll, girl! I have a bike but have yet to take it out for a spin. Like my treadmill and Nordic rider, it's secondhand and I'm just not that keen on it. Your bike, on the other hand, is a beauty! Maybe I need to get a spiffy new one instead of the sad gray one I inherited.

    Silly, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...my bike is new but it's not an expensive one, I enjoy riding outside way better than going to the gym.

    If you get yourself a bike you like, let me know we'll go riding together. FW has 40+ miles of bike/walking trails I'd like to explore, would be more fun with a friend.

    ReplyDelete