Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Live and Learn...and be surprised!!!

I went for a walk today at lunch, it was such a lovely day. I've been waiting to explore a bit and find the walking/bike trails by the Trinity River...well, I found them. I was excited, so I started out at a causal pace, strolling and working up to a faster walk. Didn't want to do too much, since I knew I had to go back to work...didn't want to be all hot and stinky!!

Fact of life...if you walk down a hill you will probably have to walk back up it!!! Which is exactly what happened!! It was so easy to walk towards the pretty tree covered trail, the wind was blowing and it was very pleasant out. As I walked I enjoyed the scenery smiled and waved at people as they walked by, then I realized the time and knew I had to head back to the office.

That's when it struck me, oh no I have to walk up that steep hill!! I told myself, no problem I can do it!! Well, I did it and when I used my trusty watch that measures your heart rate I was stunned to fine my heart rate was a whopping 150!!! That's the highest it's ever been to my knowledge (at least in the last 20 years). Not only was I hot and stinky when I got back to the office, I was energized!! To my amazement I felt pretty good...who would have ever thought that????? Certainly not me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment