Life is good...and getting better everyday!!

Officially an "empty nester" learning to adjust to the flexiblity, freedom and carefree life style!!



It's all about me...NOW!! Well, almost!!



Life is good, keep it real!!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Daily adventures...big and small!!

Life is full of adventures, sometimes you have to make them happen, but often times its just daily life...we have adventures every day, all we have to do is pay attention!!  Kind of like signs from the Lord, they are there we just need to pay attention.

Often times as I reflect back on my day and really think about the way things worked out, I know it was the Lord.  Like, the green lights all the way to work when I'm running late, the open parking spot on the first floor of the garage, saying the right words at the right time, having the right answer for the boss when put on the spot, missing the squirrel that ran in front of the car, a phone call from a special person, seeing a beautiful sunrise on the way to work, etc...it's like "WoW, I know that was you Lord.  Thanks".  So you see adventures can be the little things in life. 

Adventures come in all sizes, small, medium, large and every size in between!  Pay attention and enjoy them.  To me an adventure can be something as small as trying a new food or driving down a different street.  The core make up of life is the day to day little things.  Of course, we all have major adventures like, vacations, sporting events, visits with friends and family, births, weddings, funerals etc...but the little things are what really keep it together.

Today's main adventure was; we woke up to no hot water, none, zilch, nada, none!!  And it's 30 degrees, so not even going to think about taking a cold shower. 

Called a couple of plumbing companies, finally got one to come out.  We were fortunate it was the two heating elements, only $175.00.  Whew!!  Thank you Lord!! 

Also, went to the AT&T store and found ways to save money on the phone bill!!  Score!!  Stopped by TSO and had my glasses adjusted, much better and more comfortable!!  Plus they take our vision care insurance!!  Another score!!  Mr. Husband needs an eye exam and glasses, so this is good news!!

I know this post is kind of random and not dedicated to one subject, but that's how I'm feeling today.  Kind of random and out of sorts!!  Why?  I'm not sure.  Could be the, cold, dreary, cloudy weather we're experiencing, I function much better when the sun is shining!!

Guess I'll stop rambling!!

Life is good, keep it real!!


No comments:

Post a Comment